We now have a QR code for the NHS track and trace app.
If you would like to use it, you will need to download the app and register.
Further to our COVID-19 Policy
Due to the ongoing spike in COVID-19 cases, The Soundhouse has reviewed its current operating policy.
• From today (September 22nd) could we please ask everyone to wear a face mask
within the common areas of the building.
• On arrival, clients and actors should proceed directly to their studio.
• Any tea or coffee will be served by Soundhouse staff, please do not serve yourself in the kitchen.
• Please only come out of your studio to visit the toilet, leave the building or to have lunch.
All lunches will be staggered and the areas cleaned between sittings.
• Only one person should visit the toilet at a time. Locks will be fitted to the outside doors,
so please remember to lock the door behind you when you enter.
With your help and cooperation we can hopefully ease these restrictions sooner rather than later.
Dear Clients, Friends and Colleagues,
The following procedures are being followed to safeguard the health of our clients, staff and visitors
during our return to working in the studios at The Soundhouse.
• Please note that we need to limit the number of people in each control room,
but we can easily connect remotely if need be. Please check at the time of booking.
• We will provide each actor with a separate microphone and position them at safe distances
within the recording studio areas.
All equipment, work surfaces and doors are being regularly sanitised.
• On arrival please make use of the sanitiser and/or isopropyl spray provided.
We also have gloves and face masks available at reception if required.
• The kitchen surfaces, kettle handles and switches are being cleaned
as often as possible during the day.
• We are still asking visitors to bring their own packed lunches,
but our kitchen remains stocked with all the usual hot drinks on a self-service basis.
Please place any utensils in the dishwasher after use.
• Toilet doors and contact points are being cleaned throughout the day.
We’re relying on visitors to make use of the sanitiser and soap provided.
• Please use common sense regarding social distancing within the building.
Allow others to pass in narrow areas of the corridor and if the toilets are occupied please wait
outside, away from the door.
If necessary we will instigate a one-way system, using the rear fire escape corridor as an exit
from the studio areas.
Studios will be allocated specific break times to avoid congestion,
enabling common areas to be regularly cleaned.
• We are still encouraging visitors to drive to the studio if at all possible.
Parking is not a problem and we can safely store bikes.
• The front door has a glass panel to enable users to see if another person is about to come through.
• We hope that this will prevent any congestion in the entrance.
The door handles and touch points are being cleaned throughout the day.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We have dedicated a page to Marilyn, so please take a moment
to visit and read about one of our most loved clients.
Just click on Marilyn's image...
The Soundhouse is one of London’s busiest and most experienced audio recording and post-production facilities.
With seven digital sound studios, we offer a comprehensive range of high quality professional services to producers
working in radio, television, drama, education, animation, spoken word, corporate and multimedia.
We have 5 recording studios and 2 editing suites, enabling us to cover everything from large cast dramas to single voice readings.
In addition to all this we have a separate rehearsal room and plenty of comfortable recreational space for relaxation.
“We were seriously impressed. Just such a beautiful, friendly studio and so well organised – including the well-chosen spread of food. It made it all so easy for us. A very happy experience.”
Producer at Big Finish Productions